QRAM Regional Workshop 2012
QRAM REGIONAL WORKSHOP 2012
"Doing Qualitative Research: Getting it Right!"
December 2nd and 3rd, 2012
Venue: CAS Hall, College of Arts & Sciences UUM, Sintok Kedah
QUALITATIVE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION & MODERN LANGUAGES (SEML)
UUM COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES, UUM
￼INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED RESEARCH IN EDUCATION (IARE)
AWANG HAD SALLEH GRADUATE SCHOOL UUM COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA
This two-day workshop aims to help researchers to acquire the knowledge and skill of conducting a qualitative research right from deciding the qualitative research design to publication in international journals. Apart from lectures, participants will be involved in practical group work exercise on various components of the research process under the guidance of the workshop facilitators. On Day 1, you will be guided on the different qualitative research designs/framework and basic interviewing skills while on Day 2, basic principles in data analysis and reporting qualitative data will be explored. It is hoped that you as participants will come and contribute in this workshop.
At the end of Day 1, participants will be able to:
- choose an appropriate qualitative design study;
- conduct in-depth interviews and focus group
At the end of Day 2, participants will be able to:
- analyze qualitative data manually and using NVivo 10, the latest version;
- manage and report qualitative data and
- prepare quality paper for publication in SCOPUS journals.
For enquiries and further information, please contact:
- Dr. Abdul Halim Mohamed (UUM contact),
- Dr. Anisah Baharom, QRAM General Secretary,